Ice-cream birthday cake is a perfect way to delight your little birthday boy or girl. Even if you are making a cake for an adult, a delicious ice-cream birthday cake won’t disappoint anybody. Making an ice-cream cake for the first time? Follow this guide to make the perfect ice-cream birthday cake without putting in the extra effort.
Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream Cake
This chocolate fudge ice-cream cake featuring no-churn ice cream has the perfect chocolate and vanilla flavor. This frozen dessert is perfect for birthdays, Christmas, and more.
For The Vanilla Ice-Cream
1 cup whipped cream
1/8 cup milk
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup softened cream cheese
3/4 cup or more hot fudge
2 Tsp. vanilla
For The Cake
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 Tsp. baking soda
4 1/2 oz. flour
1 cup dark cocoa powder
1/2 cup hot water
1 cup plain sugar
1/2 cup oil
1 Tsp. vanilla
For The Cake Topping
To Make Vanilla Ice-Cream
Make the vanilla ice-cream by first combining the milk, cream cheese, vanilla, and sugar with a hand mixer and then folding in the whipped cream. Add the hot fudge and mix gently. You can also add a few chocolate chips to the ice-cream.
To Make The Chocolate Cake
To make the cake, preheat your oven to about 340 degrees. Mix together the dry cake ingredients and subsequently pour in the oil, buttermilk, and egg. Now take hot water and add vanilla to it. Next, add the vanilla mixture to the batter and mix everything until smooth. Grease the cake pan and pour the cake batter into it. Bake the chocolate cake for some 30 minutes and then cool it completely before cutting it into two layers.
To Assemble The Chocolate Fudge Ice-Cream Birthday Cake
Assemble the ice-cream birthday cake by placing the first cake layer on a parchment-lined pan. Top the layer with some vanilla ice-cream. Spread a little hot fudge gently on the ice-cream layer such that it covers the entire layer. Now add the second cake layer and again top with ice cream. Again spread the hot fudge. Freeze the chocolate fudge cake overnight or for at least 5 hours. Top the frozen cake with whipped cream and extra hot fudge. You can sprinkle some mini chocolate chips on the top before serving.
Tips To Follow For The Perfect Ice-Cream Birthday Cake
- If you are using whole wheat flour, swap one cup of all-purpose flour with 1/3 cup of wheat flour and use ⅔ cup of all-purpose flour.
- Use extra-dark cocoa powder if you need an extra-chocolaty flavor.
- You can make use of store-bought vanilla ice-cream. Instead of vanilla ice-cream, you can also use butterscotch ice-cream or chocolate ice-cream
- Replace the white sugar with 3/4 cup of honey. If you are using agave nectar, use 2/3 cup of it for every cup of white sugar. Other white sugar alternatives are molasses, maple syrup, brown sugar, and coconut sugar.
- Nut lovers can stir in some chopped walnuts or almonds in the cake batter. You can also use chopped nuts to garnish your ice-cream cake.
- Use a thick chocolate sauce instead of the hot fudge. Make the homemade chocolate sauce by combining cocoa, all-purpose flour, and sugar until there are no lumps. Heat butter, vanilla, and plain milk until butter melts. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and cook on simmer for a few minutes while stirring the mixture constantly. Take the sauce from the heat and add a pinch of salt in the end. Let the chocolate sauce cool and store it in an airtight glass jar.